4 x 150 g Pork Loin Medallions
2 Tbs Char Siu Sauce (Chinese BBQ Sauce)
2 Tbs Peanut oil
1/2 Bunch Spring Onion,
(pale part thinly sliced,
dark green part shredded)
2 Garlic Cloves, finely chopped
2 cm Piece Ginger, finely chopped
1 Lt (4 Cups) Chicken Stock
2 Tbs Soy Sauce
2 Tbs Fish Sauce
180 g Ramen Noodles
2 Baby Bok Choy, quartered lengthways
1 long red chilli (optional), thinly sliced
1. Brush the pork with char siu sauce and set aside to marinate for at least 15 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, heat 1 tbs peanut oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Add the sliced spring onion, garlic and ginger, then cook for 2-3 minutes until fragrant.
3. Add the stock, soy and fish sauces, and 3 cups water. Bring to a simmer, then add the noodles and bok choy. Cook for a further 3-4 minutes until tender. Remove from the heat. Cover and keep warm.
4. Heat remaining tbs peanut oil in a frypan over high heat. Add pork and cook for 3-4 minutes each side until caramelised and cooked through. Remove from pan and rest for 2 minutes, then thinly slice.
5. Divide soup among bowls, top with pork, then garnish with shredded spring onion and chilli, if using.